We all love the summer and the warm weather and everything that goes with it.. beach, light clothes, cocktails, barbecue in the yard, splash pads..well not everything, as I bet we all hate mosquito bites!
These insects are good in ruining a great day at the beach or by the pool, but apparently, we do not all attract them to the same extent.
If you are a real mosquito magnet, and you get stung a dozen times when you step outdoors, here are several reasons that explain it:
- Mosquitoes are attracted by the smell of sweat, so make sure you shower regularly and remember not to use too many sweet-smelling soaps or perfumes
- If you are athletic, your body produces more lactic acid, which attracts mosquitoes
- They are interested in bright and darkly colored clothes
- Type O blood is twice more attractive to mosquitoes than any other blood type
- Alcohol increases the CO2 output, which attracts mosquitoes, and they are simply in love with beer
- Pregnant women emit higher levels of CO2 which is attractive to mosquitoes
Fortunately, there are effective ways to keep mosquitoes away:
- Keep your grass in the yard properly trimmed and rid it of stagnant water
- Increase the intake of onions, garlic, and chili peppers
- Avoid going to places they like, like wind-less forests, tall grass, and stagnant water
- Shower often to reduce the smell of sweat they adore
- Wear thicker, lighter clothes
- Use bug repellents or make your own by mixing lemon, lemongrass, and eucalyptus oils
However, sometimes it is almost impossible to get away without being stung at least once. If a mosquito finds you no matter what you do, remember that you should not scratch the bite. Try to resist the urge to scratch it, as it will only make the mosquito bites itch more and look so much worse.
If you have been bitten by a mosquito, just apply a bug repellent spray or some anti-itch spray, and it will go away quickly. There are some effective natural remedies to soothe the mosquito itches, from rubbing a banana peel on the bite to using a meat tenderizer.
Numerous people report that they have successfully relieved the itchiness by applying their own spit on the area since the enzymes in it counteract the mosquito’s injected enzymes.
Do you know any useful tip to soothe the mosquito bites?