Hair is a very important part of human body, especially for women. They love the long, smooth, strong and thick hair as they greatly contribute to their beauty and appearance. Hair problems among women are mainly due to hereditary, age, lack of nutrition in diet or improper use of hair care products. Insufficient nourishment to the hair can lead to their breakage and also cause thinning of the hair. So most women are often in a lookout to solve this problem of how to make hair thick.
Common Causes Of Hair Thinning In Women
Thinning of hair or the loss of thickness and density of hair is a very common problem that women face these days. There are a lot of causes for the same and they are briefly given as follows:
- The first cause of the thinning of hair is aging. As the age of the woman increases the hair can become finer and lose their texture, density and become thin and weak.
- Thyroid and related problems can affect the hair make them thinner.
- Hormonal changes are also responsible for thinning of hair.
- The deficiency of iron in the body can lead to anemia which is also a major cause of thinning of hair.
- Poor diet and medication can result in thinning of hair.
- Change in the pattern of the growth cycle of hair.
- Cosmetic methods and procedures are also a major cause of thin hair.
- Usage of shampoo and dye is excess
- Perming, curling, rolling and straightening are some activities that damage hair.
- Birth control pills
- Ovarian cysts
- Hereditary is also a cause of thin hair.
- A sudden or dramatic change of weight mainly the loss in weight is also a potential cause of thin hair.
- High quantity of vitamin A in the body and insufficient protein
- Immunity disorder
- High dose of medicines
- Stress can lead to the thinning and loss of hair
How To Make Hair Thick, 20 Easy Home Remedies
Home based remedies are the best to make the hair regain their nourishment and become thick, voluminous and healthier. There are many ingredients easily available at homes which can be used for enrichment of hair. These can be made into different forms for easy and frequent use. The easy home based remedies are as follows:
- Raw Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Fenugreek Seeds
- Indian gooseberry
- Castor oil
- Onion juice
- Potato juice
- Cayenne pepper
- Coconut milk
- Protein and vitamin rich diet
- Orange juice
- Coconut oil
- Lavender and thyme oil
- Aloe Vera
- Various oils
- Avoiding chemicals
- Hibiscus flower
- Amla hair pack or henna
Protein provides the required strength to the hair to make them thick, which is easily provided by raw eggs. Raw eggs can be mixed with either hair oil, slightly warm water or can be applied directly to the full length of the hair for a considerable amount of time and then washed. Repeating this twice a week can result in long, shiny and thick hair within a month’s time.Olive Oil:
Another ingredient is olive oil, which directly benefits the roots of the hair, by providing them with support and strength and gives the hair the necessary mass, thus resulting in thick hair. This method should be used frequently to give immediate effects.Fenugreek Seeds:
A handful in quantity should be soaked in water overnight. After they swell up, they can be ground into a paste and applied directly over hair and scalp. This will be very advantageous for the overall enrichment and be fulfilling the nutrient requirement of the hair. It should be rinsed with warm water after some time. This also provides a considerable amount of moisture to the scalp and prevent it from drying thus resulting in thicker hair.Indian gooseberry:
This also helps in reviving the health of the scalp and make the hair thick. It can be mixed with a small amount of coconut oil and applied directly to the scalp and kept overnight before washing.Castor oil:
It is a solution to most of the ailments and problems of the hair. The oil can be cooled and applied on the scalp to get thicker hair at a faster rate.Onion juice:
It can also be applied to the scalp for thicker hair. After the hair wash using a shampoo, apple cider vinegar can be mixed with a large quantity of water and finally rinsed.Potato juice:
It is also a remedy for alopeciaCayenne pepper:
With olive oil, it is a good vitamin booster for the scalp where thin hair is more prominent.Coconut milk:
When applied overnight and crushed garlic seeds in a mixture with castor oil or even olive oil can be used to strengthen root of hair and hair follicles.Protein and vitamin rich diet:
Keeping a check on the diet and consuming protein and vitamin rich diet will improve the thickness of hair.Orange juice:
It is used to enhance the thickness of the hair, and also make them smell refreshing. It also treats the problem of dandruff.Coconut oil:
It is a tropical oil, which nourishes your hair from the roots and gives them strength, which leads to the growth of thicker and smoother hair.Avocado:
The creamy texture of the fruit avocado is very suitable for the hair. It promotes the growth of thicker hair and also improves the quality of the existing hair.Lavender and thyme oil:
A mixture of lavender and thyme oil can be applied to the roots and tips of the hair and left overnight. The oils can be washed using a mild shampoo to give thick and long hair.Aloe Vera:
It can be applied to the scalp to provide a volume to the hair.Various oils:
Like rosemary, jojoba, and castor can also be used to prevent the thinning of air.Avoiding chemicals:
Avoid the use of any harmful chemicals that provide hair thickening, as the chemicals will cause more harm than benefit.Curd:
It is also a good remedy to provide moisture to the dry and thin hair.Hibiscus flower:
It can be crushed and mixed with sesame oil to improve the thickness of the hair.Amla hair pack or henna:
They provide a good color to the hair. They improve the texture by giving the hair a volume boost and touchable softness. This also enhances the hair thickness instantly and continuous use of this remedy provides highly beneficial results for the hair.
Myths and Facts About How to Make Hair Thick
The following are a few myths associated with the thinning of hair:
Myth: Getting a new haircut or trimming your hair frequently can help your hair to grow better and thin hair can be replaced by the new thick hair.
Fact: Trimming helps to get rid of split ends which are one of the causes of thin hair. If a gray or a white hair is forcefully plucked, it is said that two white or gray hair will grow on the same spot. Similarly for a thin hair, if it is plucked the newly grown hair will also be thin.
Myth: Another misconception is that frequent brushing or combing the hair will result in thicker and stronger hair.
Fact: Excessive brushing of the hair will cause harm to the hair cuticles.
Myth: Colouring or dyeing the hair make them thin.
Fact: Colouring the hair actually causes no harm unless this involves the use of harmful chemicals. Normally this adds more volume to the hair making it thicker. Only bleaching causes the most damage to the hair.
Myth: There also exists a wrong perception that using the right hair products will make hair thick but the food intake and the nutrients don’t matter.
Fact: The type and quality of food eaten, affect the hair growth and thickness to a great extent. A high amount of energy is required to grow hair and make them thick hence the right nutrient intake is very important.
Myth: One should dry their hair using a towel.
Fact: It causes a great harm making your hair thinner and more prone to breakage.
How to make hair thick safely, what are some important precautions and measures?
To make anything long lasting, proper care and precautions need to be taken to enhance the value. Similarly, for thick, long and strong hair, a lot of precautionary measures need to be taken and some are suggested as follows:
- Include nutritious food in your diet. A diet rich in all vitamins, and consisting of all the required minerals in sufficient quantity.
- Fruits and vegetables should be consumed in good quantity along with dairy products which are low in fat along with nuts, protein, and beans.
- Thyroid problems and other infections should be controlled and cured to have better quality hair.
- Take less stress and anxiety.
- Vigorously brushing of the hair should be avoided.
- Frequent usage of shampoo should be avoided and hair should be dried naturally.
- Avoid usage of various chemicals on hair and frequent hair styling techniques.
- One should not use anti-dandruff shampoos very often and especially the OTC ones.
- A considerable time gap should be there between two hair coloring sessions.
- Wet hair should not be combed or brush rigorously.
- Application of hair sunscreens should be avoided.
- A comb with wide teeth should be used by people who have very thin hair and a large amount of hair fall.
- People having dandruff and scalp psoriasis should avoid oiling their hair.
- Use hair serums only after doctor’s recommendation and suggestion.
- Wet hair should not be tied or braided immediately.
These are some common precautions which will prevent hair from damage and give the person thick hair as compared to the hair prior to taking these precautions.
Over The Counter Medicines Available and Known Side Effects
There are different medicines and solutions available in the market to reduce hair loss and help in answering the problem of how to make hair thick, long and beautiful. Some of them are:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): It is a liquid which is used to make hair thick and grow hair.
- Cortisone: Pills helpful for hair regrowth.
- Keranique Regrowth: 2% Minoxidil is used to prevent hair loss and strengthen the hair and enhance their thickness.
- Oscar Blandi’s Hair Lift Instant Thickening and Strengthening Serum: it moisturizes the hair and increases their thickness by 47%
- Peter Thomas Roth Hair to Die For Treatment: This is specially designed for thin hair, and to restore their natural thickness.
These medicines are safe to use however, they can have some side effects:
- Minoxidil can cause some burning sensation in the eyes, redness and even unwanted hair growth on same parts of the body.
- Cortisone can tend to weaken the immune system
- There are no side effects for Keranique Regrowth, Oscar Blandi’s Hair Lift Instant Thickening and Strengthening Serum and Peter Thomas Roth Hair to Die for Treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How to make hair thick by changing our lifestyle?
Answer: Healthy diet is a must change that should be brought in our lifestyle. Also, we should take special care to avoid stress at all costs. Damage to hair by stress happens over a period of time which causes hair thinning.
Question: How to make hair thickin such a way that no woman has to face problems like female hair loss and hair thinning ?
Answer: Females do face hair damage problems, be it during or after pregnancy or when they are getting old and nearing 50 years of age. Thus every woman faces hair thinning and hair loss problems.
Question: Can hair thinning problem be completely removed? How to make hair thick permanently?
Answer: Yes the problem of thin hair can be solved by the above-mentioned remedies, to get thick hair permanently, provided these remedies are used periodically without fail.
Question: A pregnant woman cannot dye her hair due to the risk of inhaling ammonia. Is this correct?
Answer: The content of ammonia in hair dyes is very low so actually there is no problem and pregnant women can dye their hair without any issue. Colouring the hair actually causes no harm unless the hair color is becoming darker. They add more volume to the hair making it thicker. Only bleaching causes the most damage to the hair.
Question: How to make hair thick by using different shampoos?
Answer: Switching of shampoos frequently make the hair thicker and stronger and this has a good effect on them.
Question: What is the role of conditioner in hair care? How to make hair thick with conditioner?
Answer: Applying conditioner on the hair and leaving it for a longer duration will benefit more to the hair by making them smoother, thicker and shinier.
source: How To Make Hair Thick, Easy Home Remedies For Women
Leave a Reply